- Computer Communications - Provides a comprehensive and broad understanding of the theory behind computer communication networking.
- Computer Systems - Introduces the hardware and software components of a modern computer system.
- Computing Mathematics - Acquaints you with most of the mathematics that will be needed within this course, including fundamental statistics and trigonometry.
- Internet Technology - Develops the essential skills and knowledge needed to design, develop and implement well-designed websites.
- Problem Solving and Programming - Familiarises you with the skills, principles and concepts necessary to solve problems in computing as well as introducing the design of high-level programming language.
- Software Engineering - Concentrates on creating object-based solutions to software engineering problems within a contemporary integrated development environment.
- Database Technology 1 - Focuses on database design using a variety of techniques; this module also covers database creation and data manipulation using structured querying language.
- Group Project - Within a team of students, you are expected to draw together technical and applied aspects of the programme to provide a solution to a real world problem that is supplied by the module leader.
- Internet Programming - Enhances your understanding of the concepts and technologies of web-based server software applications, including programming techniques to design and develop software for websites that improve functionality and usability.
- Modern Networks - Develops an understanding of the hardware and software technologies utilised in modern networks and how these technologies can be designed and implemented.
- Operating Systems - Gives you an understanding of the principles, applications, structures and design of operating systems using practical sessions to reinforce theoretical learning.
- Systems Design and Development - Extends and consolidates your confidence of using object technology, as well as applying it to larger scale design models and software systems.
- Artificial Intelligence Techniques - Teaches the fundamental theory behind, and the practical applications of, knowledge-based systems, artificial neural networks and evolutionary algorithms as well as how intelligent systems are used in engineering and games applications.
- Computing Dissertation - You will undertake an independent investigation focussing on the design and implementation of a system, software applications or novel functional approaches that relates to the main areas of study.
- Database Technology 2 - Extends and consolidates your confidence when designing appropriate databases in modern client/server environments; this module also contains topics about underlying techniques in data processing, and the latest developments in the database field.
- Internet and Computer Security - Addresses the issues of internet applications and computer security by developing a theoretical and practical understanding of the technologies available to manage and implement secure internet applications. Media Technology Investigates the use of media technologies relevant to multi-media systems including computer graphics, text, audio and video.