LIBRARY DISABILITY AND DYSLEXIA SERVICE
All Amity students have full access to Birkbeck Library resources.
Birkbeck Library offers a wide range of assistive technology and services specifically for students with disabilities, including mental health conditions, and dyslexia.
Library services you can access once you've completed your Study Support Plan.
- You will get an extra week for your book loans (this doesn't apply to renewals or one day loans).
- You can ask us to fetch books from the shelf for you.
- You can request books and other materials in alternative formats (e.g. for use with text-to-speech software).
- You can ask us to scan or photocopy Library materials for you.
- You can ask us to post books to you (you will need to post them back to the Library yourself).
- You can nominate a Student Assistant to borrow and return books for you.
- Drop in to the Library’s Accessibility Centre during term time between 4pm and 6pm Monday to Friday to talk to a member of staff.
- Book a one-to-one support session on using assistive software and finding Library material using the catalogue and databases. Email Birkbeck to make an appointment firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Make sense of your reading list.
- Find books and articles using the catalogue and databases.
- Use software to cite your references in assignments and dissertations.